Sunday, October 24, 2010

Diaper guilt

When I was pregnant with my first, I thought cloth diapering was simple. Well, maybe there were more choices than when my mom cloth diapered us a few decades ago, but still, how complicated could it be. Let's just fast forward until today, my first is almost two years old. There are different brands, different materials and different styles. And even once you start being "green" by using cloth, you can still be guilted for not going organic, or using hot water for washing and a dryer instead of line-drying. And that's not even my biggest problem - it's the nighttime diapering! These girls are SO wet in the morning, even if I change the little one after a nighttime feeding. Even the big one, who doesn't nurse at night, gets so wet, she wakes up and can't fall back asleep. It's starting to affect our sanity. Right now, disposables seem our best option at night, and I really don't like that. I'm not giving up though.
I wish I could do reviews and giveaways for cloth diapers and even the covers. I've tried quite a few options and would love to try more and hear from other moms! The problem is, my blog is so new, I don't have any readers (and therefore, no commenters either)! So I'll have to work on that.. maybe a Facebook page to connect to it?